August 1, 2014
Sources of Information
sci-Shot receives various different types of User information. Depending on how our Services are accessed, User information may include:
Information Provided by You: We receive and store information you provide when using sci-Shot’s Services. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information you provide for various purposes, such as providing our Services to you and our subscribers, responding to your requests, improving the user experience and interface, and communicating with you. This information may include:
- Your username, password and e-mail address when you register or use the Services.
- Your user profile information, such as first and last name, picture, phone number, etc.
- Your user content, such as photos, videos, comments and other materials ("User Content").
- Communications between you and us. For example, we may send you Service-related emails (e.g., account verification, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices).
- Various analytics tools help us measure traffic and usage trends relating to the Services. These tools may collect information sent by your device, including the web pages you visit, add-ons, and other information that may be used to help us improve the Services. We collect and combine User analytics information so that it cannot reasonably be used to identify any particular individual User.
Cookies and Similar Technologies: Cookies are small files that are stored on your computer, mobile phone or other device.
Log File Information
- Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you make a request to access (i.e., visit) a web page or app. It can also be provided when the content of the webpage or app is downloaded to your browser or device.
- When you use the Services, our servers may automatically record certain log file information, including your web request, Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Services, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. We may also collect similar information from emails we send to our Users which can help us track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Services.
- When you use a mobile device like a tablet or phone to access our Services, we may access, collect, monitor, store on your device, and/or remotely store one or more "device identifiers." Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device's operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by us.
- A device identifier may deliver information to us or to a third party partner about how you browse and use the Services and may help us or others provide reports or personalized content and ads. Some features of the Services may not function properly if the use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled.
How We Use Your Information
- Metadata is usually technical data that is associated with User Content. For example, Metadata can describe how, when and by whom a piece of User Content was collected and how that content is formatted.
- Users can add or may have Metadata added to their User Content including a hashtag (e.g., to mark keywords when you post a photo), geotag (e.g., to mark the location of a photo), comments or other data. If you geotag your photo or tag your photo in another way, your latitude and longitude will be stored with the photo and may be searchable (e.g., through a location or map feature).
Sharing Your Information
- help you efficiently access information after you sign in;
- remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you use the Services;
- provide personalized content and information to you and others, which could include online ads or other forms of marketing;
- provide, improve, test, and monitor th
e effectiveness of our Services;
- develop and test new products and features;
- monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns;
- diagnose or fix technology problems;
- automatically update our application(s) on your device;
- send informational updates, newsletters and communications; and/or
- run contests, special offers or other events or activities.
Parties with whom we may share your information:
- We may share User Content and your information with sci-Shot’s affiliated businesses, or businesses that become affiliated with sci-Shot ("Affiliates"). Affiliates may use this information to help provide, understand or improve the Services (including by providing analytics) and Affiliates' own services (including by providing you with better and more relevant experiences).
- We may share your information and analytics information with third-party organizations that help us provide the Services to you ("Service Providers"). Our Service Providers will be given access to your information as is reasonably necessary to provide the Services under reasonable terms of confidentiality.
- We may remove parts of data that can identify you and share anonymous data with other parties. We may also combine your information with other information in a way that it is no longer associated with you and share that aggregated information.
- We may share your User Content with sci-Shot’s subscribers so that they can access, search, view, download, save and use your User Content.
Responding to legal requests and preventing harm:
How We Store Your Information
- We may access, preserve and share your information in response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of the United States where we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards. We reserve the right to access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud or other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations; and to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. Information we receive about you may be accessed, processed or retained when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm.
Storage and Processing:
- Your information may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which sci-Shot, its Affiliates or Service Providers maintain facilities.
- sci-Shot, its Affiliates, or Service Providers may transfer information that we collect about you, including personal information across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. If you are located in the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that we may transfer information, including personal information, to a country or jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction.
- We use commercially reasonable safeguards to help keep the information we collect secure and take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting access to your account. However, sci-Shot cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to sci-Shot or guarantee that your information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed. sci-Shot does not guarantee the privacy or security of your information. Your use of the Services is at your sole risk.
- Please do your part to help us. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to emails between you and sci-Shot, at all times. We are not responsible for the functionality, privacy, or security measures of any other organization.
How long we keep your User Content:
- Following termination or deactivation of your account, sci-Shot, its Affiliates, or its Service Providers may retain information (including your profile information) and User Content for backup, archival or audit purposes.
- Your information and User Content may remain available and accessible after termination or deactivation of your account, even after you removed such information from your account or profile, if, for example, it has been shared with others, it was otherwise distributed pursuant to your privacy settings or it was copied or stored by other users.
sci-Shot gives Users the option of submitting User Content anonymously. sci-Shot will make every reasonable effort to preserve the anonymity of such Users. sci-Shot does not collect or save personally identifying information regarding anonymous Users.
Other Websites and Services