We really enjoyed launching our Public Safety and Security Mobile App this past year and we hope that 2014 brought you as much pleasure and excitement as it brought us! Whether or not you kept your previous New Year’s resolutions, keeping safe should be on this year’s list and kicking off the New Year in 2015 brings reason to celebrate.
To ensure these celebrations are fun and harmless, these five safety tips can help you ring in the New Year.
- DO NOT leave your drink unattended. If you must go to the restroom, take your drink with you or leave it with a trusted friend or family member. Never leave your drink at the table and return to it, as someone can easily spike it while it is unattended.
- DO NOT drink and drive! If you plan on drinking, designate a sober driver before going out, have a trusted friend or family member pick you up, or take a cab.
- Eat before you go out to a party or attend any other nightlife. The holiday is known for increased consumption of alcoholic beverages, and having a full stomach before drinking is always a good idea.
- Only use fireworks outdoors in an open area. Make sure there are no overhead obstructions or flammable materials nearby.
- Keep your phone charged. You may need to call or text somebody in the event of an emergency, or use our mobile app to snap a quick picture or video of suspicious activity.
Our sci-Shot team wishes you a Happy New Year! Our New Year’s resolution is to build a safer and more connected world, what’s yours?
If you would like more information about sci-Shot, please contact us.
If you would like to subscribe to our newsletters please click here.