Another year is coming to a close which is most certainly a reason to celebrate. This is the time to get together with friends and family and look back on the previous year and make resolutions for the New Year. sci-Shot wishes everyone a safe 2014 and as we prepare to launch our public safety social movement app here are a few public safety tips we would like to share:
- Keep your phones charged- You may need to call a cab, answer a call from a friend or family member in need, or take a picture with our mobile app, etc.
- Be aware of distracted and drunk drivers- Remember leave enough space between your car and the cars around you to have the time to react to sudden lane changes, quick stops, etc.
- Pay close attention to your surroundings at Public Events-Keep your drinks and your belongings close, don’t wander off alone, and always bring your phone.
- Bring the Essentials-If you’re going anywhere try to only bring the things you absolutely need. The less personal items you have that could be stolen or lost the better.
- Be vigilant of celebratory gunfire- Prepare to seek shelter if you detect the sound of gunfire in your vicinity.
Hope you all have a safe and Happy New Year’s Eve! Feel free to comment with any tips we may have missed.